It’s Recipe Wednesday. I love all things pasta! Something about those delicious noodles speak my love language. Add lots of gooey cheese and I’m pretty much in heaven. Finding healthy pasta recipes that also taste good has always presented a challenge, so I was really excited when I found today’s recipe over on skinnytaste.com. Try it and let me know what you think!
Photo Credit: skinnytaste.com
- 12 oz uncooked whole grain ziti
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz fat-free ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella; divided use
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with oil spray.
- In a large pot of water, cook pasta according to instructions. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt, pepper and crushed tomatoes. Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Add sauce to the pasta and combine. Add one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese and ricotta. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned. Let it cool 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 296
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 524mg
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 16g